热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 140|回复: 2

【翻译】Advice and Trust 序幕:我们现在在哪里

[复制链接]
发表于 2024-2-8 03:23:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Advice and Trust (1-4 Gemimi)
Author: Strypgia
Original Link: https://forums.sufficientvelocit ... and-trust-nge.8768/
And many thanks to Detoreik for the permission to use their wonderful artwork of Shinji and Asuka for the banner. Go check out their DeviantArt Page.
非常感谢 Detoreik 允许我们使用他们为横幅创作的精彩的真嗣和明日香的艺术作品。快去看看他们的 DeviantArt 页面。

一轮新月从第三新东京市的上空升起,皎洁满月映照在神奈川芦之湖上。温暖的秋夜里月光静静洒向美里所在的那栋公寓楼,一台老式的 SDAT 磁带复录机透过窗沿的光线与书桌附近的尘埃交相辉映,无人的卧室一片寂静,但居室外的客厅却是十分热闹。
  晚餐已经结束,桌子也已经收整干净,活跃的气氛都要归为饭饱酒后美里小姐的功劳。美里小姐喝完了第七瓶啤酒,在从真嗣手中得到又一瓶生命的燃料后她顺便就给了真嗣一个邋遢的拥抱——
  「啊,真嗣你对我们真是太好了,一直以来照顾着我们,我和明日香。嗯,明日香哪儿去了?我进来以后就没见到过她呢。」
  趁着这个机会,美里抓住了真嗣的手腕,将脸短暂地埋在他的侧身。真嗣向不在场的室友的房间看了一会儿,显得不经意间做出的回答,
  「她在你回来前就已经吃过饭了,洗过澡就一直待在房间里了」
  美里的眼里闪过狡黠的目光,她似乎是从真嗣此刻的表情中看出来一些东西,开始用恶作剧的神情抛出一个疑问
  「那么,小真嗣现在是在想她裹上浴巾时的样子吗?」
  和往常一样,被戏弄的碇真嗣满脸通红,迅速想去挣脱美里靠在他肩上的手臂。
  「我没有!」
  「你有,你绝对有这么想过,哈哈哈,小真嗣脸上这个表情果然是太可爱啦!」
  看着真嗣端过面前的餐盘去往厨房,美里在一旁自顾自地咯咯咯笑起来,真嗣一边不知道在嘟囔着什么一边像是要把脸给埋进地里。好不容易洗完了最后一个餐具,碇真嗣从水槽里探出头来,他擦干手转过身去,发现美里还在认真地盯着他,这让真嗣的脸余温尚未褪去又增添上了一道红色,
  「怎…怎么了」
  「真嗣,你是个好乖好乖的孩子哦,你关心她,对吧,我想我你真的很在乎她,所以,我打算为你出谋划策」
  美里把桌上的啤酒拿得离自己更近了些,满满地喝上一口,然后指着餐桌的对面让真嗣坐下来听自己传道授业
  「就坐那儿吧,我现在,要教你一些有用的恋爱技巧…嗯,是建议…我会告诉你一些和女生相处的秘密」
  「好了,那么…」美里打了个嗝,接着说,「第一条规则!女人是感性的生物!」
  「女人是感性的生物?」碇真嗣冲美里眨了眨眼,满是困惑地重复了这句。
  「对啊,感性,易冲动,有时还是疯子,啊啊啊,你看来就像完全疯了,我知道因为我也是其中之一」美里无比确信地点了点头,并接着说了下去,「第二条,明日香也是女人!」
  「呃…这一条完全没法反对…不过,你是说她会变成疯子?」
  美里似乎对真嗣能得出这个结论很是高兴,顺着他的思路做出补充,
  「你这么说完全正确!你只要记住这点并坚持下去,你看她总是对你大喊大叫,你以为她是真的在生气吗?不!她是想让你注意到她!这是她的一种表达方式…」
  「接下来,听好了,这是第三条规则!女人不会说出她们的真实想法。是的没错,她们不会说出每一句话,但是,你还是得把每一句都给听完整,这很重要!不要只听她们嘴上说的那些,因为她们并不是真的就就在那么想,把这点好好记住!」
  这下真嗣更加迷惑了,「那…什么?包括你现在说的…都是你真的要说的吗?」
  「当然不是!你想什么呢,现在我告诉你的那些,关于女人的秘密,都不是以一个女人来和你说的,你看,真嗣你这么可爱地看着我,但你想要的,还不是像她那样和你一个年纪的小女生!」
  真嗣的脸烧得更红了。但这还没完,美里又喝上一口啤酒,继续发起攻势,「小真嗣,你呀,那害羞的样子简直太可爱了!我和明日香穿着浴巾和超短裤在房间里到处跑,只是你一个人在那里害羞。要是加持整天光着身子围着浴巾在我面前出现,我简直…简直会…」
  美里的声音渐渐变小,最后一脸满足在那里望着星空,只剩下没有同样陶醉在幻想里的碇真嗣在那里保持沉默。
  「嗯…美里小姐…你还在吗?」
  美里终于发现了身边还有着碇真嗣这个存在,她摇了摇头,感慨地继续说着,「呃,刚才是说到…对!女人!凡事都注意着点,我知道真嗣你很顾家,但女孩们一旦安定了下来,她们都喜欢…嗯,像我这样!」美里对着真嗣畅快地笑了笑,又是一壶酒,
  「第四条!在女人面前永远别害怕!」她把身体往前倾了倾,双手撑在桌上很认真地看着真嗣,「这很重要,真嗣,对你来说,更是如此,真的,你得认真听这一条」
  真嗣在很努力地尝试了,他控制自己不去看美里那宽松的背心下面为他友情提供的完美乳沟,但他最后还是失败了,这让美里发出了诡计得逞的笑声。
  「我说什么了!叫你好好听,但你有听我说了什么吗?」
  面对美里的揶揄,真嗣咽下口水后连连摇头想要澄清,之后他终于清醒了过来,给出了美里回应,
  「呃,对,不要害怕,你有说过类似的话,我还记得的」
  美里有些犹豫地点了点头,还是说了下去:「害怕的感觉会让别人觉得你很冷漠,这会毁掉你的机会。我因为害怕与加持分开了,之后我足足等了八年,才换来了重聚的机会。」
  「这八年,我一直很想念他,感到了孤独,但已经不再害怕。如果我还在害怕,那一切都只会变得更糟,所以不要这样做了。」美里将杯中的啤酒一饮而尽,
  「你和明日香那样年轻,我能看出你们有时候是怎么看彼此的…」她把声音压得很低,凑得离真嗣更近了些,神秘地耳语道,「我有注意她看你的眼神,当她以为没人发现的时候,而且在我告诉她你是违抗命令去火山口救她的时候,她甚至还笑了一下」
  真嗣紧紧地盯着桌子,努力不让自己的脸再一次变红。他还是输了,在嘟囔着什么,声音太小,美里听不见。
  美里冲他笑了笑,拍拍他的头,然后又瘫回椅子里。她的头沉沉地趴在桌上的胳膊上。
  「所以别害怕,真嗣。明日香虽然很吵,但她也是个好孩子。你们俩很像,知道吗?你们都没人疼爱,但都努力想成为 EVA 驾驶员……她努力让自己成为最好的那一个,是因为她不想让别人觉得她没用,她不甘成为第二名……」
  美里抬起头来,用小眼睛瞪着他,然后端坐身体,想要更细致地指导真嗣,
  「你要对她好点,知道吗?她感性易冲动,但也需要爱与拥抱」
  「你应该给她做顿饭!」
  「实际上我每天晚上都在为便当做准备,美里小姐」
  她冲碇真嗣摆了摆手,示意这根本不是同一件事,
  「我是说给她做一顿特别的晚餐!全是尤罗……欧罗……德国菜!让她知道这是为你做的!这种事最能引起女孩子的注意!我会让加持带我出去玩一晚上,给你们俩独处的时间!」她满是戏谑地冲碇真嗣挑了挑眉,然后身体又瘫软下去,把头枕在胳膊上。
  「嗯……让他带我去一个私密的好地方,然后过夜……」
  「我不知道一顿晚餐是否能让明日香不再继续称呼我为笨蛋真嗣」
  「我告诉你,别只听她说的话,听听她没说的话和东西……」美里嘟囔着,把头埋进胳膊里。
  「有时你会觉得女人不可理喻,无论是明日香、我、律子……还是每个女人……她会说笨蛋真嗣,我会说真嗣君……这些并没有多少不同,它们都是我们表达关心的方式……因为我们害怕大声地直接说出来,像是……加持……」
  真嗣站起来,走到她桌子那一边,扶她起来。
  「我知道了,美里小姐,谢谢你告诉我这些,现在让我扶你上床吧」
  「好的……你要记住,感性……」
  真嗣从给美里盖好被子中起身,走到门口。他停下来,在门口转过身,回头看了看昏睡过去的监护人,她安详地打着呼噜,偶尔还会嘟囔一嘴加持的名字。
  碇真嗣摇了摇头,这里到底是谁照顾谁?
  「女人,感性,会变得得疯狂,是吗?」
  正当他还在嘟囔的,身体突然因震惊而僵住了,有一双苍白纤细的手臂从背后环绕着他,将他拥入怀中。
  一个温暖而绝对是女性的身体紧贴着他的后背,一双柔软的嘴唇挑逗地啃咬着他的后颈。
  「你说呢,我们不这样的话,要怎么忍受你们这些笨蛋男人?」
  他不禁地发出一声愉悦的低吟,闭者眼睛歪过头,好让她更好地触碰到自己的身体。
  「嗯……明日香……门还开着的……她能看到我们在做什么……」
  碇真嗣将手举过身去,回握住她的手。
  「她已经完全昏睡过去了,你很清楚,第三适格者。她难道会没有注意到我们俩过去两个月的行为吗?我们甚至可能表演过半套喀玛经,而她却只是一觉睡到天亮?」
  明日香将手臂松开了些,好让碇真嗣转过身来环抱着她,直视她闪闪发光的蓝眼睛。
  「现在,你要上床睡觉了吗?没有你,我又冷又孤单,你答应过的,再也不让我只是一个人了」

剩下的就都是机翻了,表达力还不够驾驭不了,大家凑合着看看吧。

真嗣甚至没有试图掩饰脸上洋溢的温暖笑容。
「明日香,从你第一次吻我之后,有没有哪一个晚上我没有睡在你旁边?我当然会去」他尽可能轻手轻脚地关上美里的房门,当他们穿过客厅走向她的卧室时,他的手指与她的手指交织在一起。她的手很小,在他的手里很温暖。
「嗯,是的,偶尔会有那么几个稀有的夜晚,我们尊敬的监护人没有因为啤酒或过度劳累而昏倒,」明日香反驳道,但没有任何怒气。“我不喜欢那些夜晚。当她很累、喝了很多啤酒,或者加持把她带到很晚的时候,会好得多」
「那些时候,她睡着后,我还是设法溜进你的房间……如果你没有先溜进我的房间的话,」他指出。
明日香笑了。
「我很不耐烦,你知道的。我想要我温暖的笨蛋真嗣。还好你总是比其他人都起得早。我们不想被抓到,对吧?」
随着他们到达她的……不,是他们的房间,真嗣的笑容逐渐消失。自从明日香问他是否想吻她那天晚上起,他已经有许多个晚上没有在“自己的」床上睡过了。那晚完全超出了他们两人的预期,成为了比他一生中经历过的任何事情都更美好的梦的开始,这一切都因为他搂住了她,回应了她的吻。
「我仍然对向所有人隐瞒我们的关系感到有点内疚,明日香。我们甚至不能在周末正常约会,而我真的很想这么做」
她拉开房门,把他拉了进来。
「我知道。但如果美里发现,她会让我们停止这样做。‘我们还太年轻!’或者其他借口,好像我们不是随时可能牺牲的士兵一样」她脱下身上唯一的T恤,扔到一边。“我甚至拒绝去想这件事。你知道自从我们开始睡在一起后,我一次噩梦都没做过吗?我以前几乎每晚都会做噩梦。就凭这一点,我就可以爱你,除此之外,真嗣。并不是说其他方面不好」她坐在床上,挪了挪身子,给他腾出空间。“再说,没人会相信你我在一起」她哼了一声。
「我们?恋爱了?真挚地、疯狂地、深深地?绝不可能」
「如果你告诉光的话,她可能会信。而且我相当确定绫波在最初几天就看出来了,因为她一直盯着我们」他坐在她旁边,脱下衬衫后,把它叠得整整齐齐。
「她什么都没说?」
真嗣耸了耸肩。
「她是绫波。她可不是个爱说话的人,也不是学校里的八卦小报。她能告诉谁?」
「嗯……不过,你还是应该以我们俩的名义为她做点好事,表示感谢。如果是我做的,那就更可疑了」
「你可以试着自己去做。人会变的。他们可能会接受的」他微笑着握住她的手,吻了吻她的指尖。
他松开她的手后,她抚摸着他的脸颊。
「假装在所有人面前,我仍然对你怒气冲冲,我们整天都在互相争吵,这已经够难的了。我更喜欢这样咬你的脖子」她俯身轻轻地啃咬和吮吸他的脖子。
「你在这里敏感多了,很有趣」
他发出愉悦的嘶嘶声。
「啊……轻点!总有一天美里会注意到我用了她很多遮瑕膏!」
明日香的嘴唇弯成一抹坏笑。
「还好她看不到你的后背。那些就更难解释了」
「撕破我可怜的后背,你一点也不道歉吗?」他还是笑了。
明日香哼了一声。
「一点也不。我在标记我的领地。你是我的,第三适格者。你第一晚就答应过我了」他们躺下时,她的双臂紧紧地搂着他。
「永远在一起,永远相爱」
真嗣拉过床单盖住他们,点头。
「直到世界末日,你我,对抗使徒和任何试图伤害我们的人」她紧紧依偎着他,满足地发出呼噜声。他把脸埋进她的头发里,闻着她洗发水散发出的草莓香脂味。
「爱你,明日香」
「你最好爱我,老三。你永远都摆脱不了我」她高兴地咕哝着,紧紧抱住他。
「……我也爱你,笨蛋真嗣」
在走廊对面的房间里,一台老式 SDAT 磁带播放器放在桌子上,沐浴在月光中,积满了灰尘。它已经两个月没被碰过了;不再需要撤退和逃离世界了。

Chapter 1 雪花、雪球和雪崩

Two months earlier
--- 两个月前---

"Hey, Shinji, do you want to kiss?" Asuka tapped her fingers on the table, staring at him from where her head lay in her arms.
“喂,真嗣,你想接吻吗?”明日香的手指在桌子上敲打着,从她把头埋在胳膊里的地方盯着他。

He couldn't believe the garbled words were what he'd thought he'd heard, and pulled the SDAT earbuds out. "What?"
他不敢相信自己听到的含糊不清的话语就是他以为自己听到的,于是拔掉了 SDAT 耳机。“什么?”

"To kiss. A kiss? You've never kissed, right? Then let's do it."
“接吻。一个吻?你从来没有接吻过,对吧?那就让我们来吧。”

This had to be a trick. Asuka suddenly being nice... more than nice to him? "Why?"
这肯定是个圈套。明日香突然变得很好……对他来说不仅仅是好?“为什么?”

"Because I'm bored." “因为我无聊。”

Definitely a trick. "Because you're bored? But..."
绝对是个圈套。“因为你无聊?但是……”

"You don't want to kiss a girl on the anniversary of your mom's death? Afraid she may be watching you from Heaven?" A sly look at him.
“你不想在你妈妈忌日那天吻一个女孩吗?害怕她可能从天堂看着你?”狡猾地看了他一眼。

"Not really." “倒也不是。”

"Or are you scared?"
“还是你害怕了?”

His anger surged. "I'm not scared of a little kiss!"
他怒火中烧。“我才不怕一个小小的吻呢!”

"You brushed your teeth, right?"
“你刷牙了吧?”

He nodded. 他点了点头。

"Then, here I go."
“那,我来了。”

She walked closer to him, halting close enough he could see her pulse jumping as fast as his at her throat. He felt himself blushing as he closed his eyes in anticipation. After nothing happened for a second he cracked his eyes open to find Asuka staring at him from just inches away, her expression unreadable.
她向他走近,停在他足够近的地方,他可以看到她的脉搏像他的喉咙一样跳动得很快。他闭上眼睛,满怀期待地感觉到自己脸红了。几秒钟后,什么也没发生,他睁开眼睛,发现明日香离他只有几英寸远,她的表情难以捉摸。

"Don't breathe, because it tickles." Slim fingertips pinched his nose shut just before her lips met his.
“别呼吸,因为会痒。”就在她的嘴唇碰到他的嘴唇之前,纤细的手指捏住了他的鼻子。

Shinji's brain and body locked up. 'This is happening! This is really happening!' He was afraid to move, afraid to think, afraid to do anything that might wake him up from this dream. He'd say he was afraid to breathe, but that was already covered by her pinching fingers. The beautiful, exotic foreign girl who was literally the subject of more than a few of his fantasies was kissing him. Her soft, soft lips were pressed against his, and it felt amazing. His head swam with the dizzying feel of her tongue hesitantly probing at his own, the strawberry-balsam scent of her hair, the warmth of her body so close to his...
真嗣的大脑和身体都僵住了。“这正在发生!这真的正在发生!”他不敢动,不敢想,不敢做任何可能把他从这个梦中唤醒的事情。他会说他不敢呼吸,但她的手指已经捏住了他的鼻子。这个美丽、异国情调的外国女孩,她简直就是他幻想中的对象,正在吻他。她柔软的嘴唇紧紧地贴着他的嘴唇,感觉太棒了。他的头脑被她试探性地探入他自己的舌头、她头发的草莓香脂味、她身体的温暖如此接近他的感觉弄得晕乎乎的……

...and, unfortunately, oxygen deprivation. He started to feel dizzy a bit more directly than from the sheer hormonal rush accounted for, but the kiss felt so good he didn't want it to ever end. His knees started to buckle. He had to do something! If he collapsed, that would break the kiss!
……不幸的是,缺氧了。他开始感到头晕,比单纯的荷尔蒙激增引起的晕眩感更直接,但这个吻的感觉太好了,他不想让它结束。他的膝盖开始打弯。他必须做点什么!如果他倒下了,那就会打断这个吻!

He desperately reached out for the closest means of support to stay upright: Asuka. His hands haphazardly gained a grip on her hips and lower back, tugging her towards him as he stabilized himself. With a gentle thump, their bodies bumped together.
他拼命地寻找最近的支撑物以保持直立:明日香。他的手随意地抓住了她的臀部和下背,将她拉向自己,以稳定自己。随着一声轻微的砰砰声,他们的身体撞在了一起。

Shinji was about to let their bodies bounce back apart when he felt her hand leave his nose and come to rest on his shoulder. Her other arm came up to curl around his, her hand pressing against his shoulder blade. Pressing rather firmly, come to think of it. Asuka was definitely not upset with them being up against each other like this. In fact, she was starting to make some very happy noises. Increasingly pleased sounding 'mmms' and such hummed out of her as her tongue's fencing with his suddenly became much more vigorous. Her arm against him tightened.
就在真嗣准备让他们的身体弹开时,他感觉到她的手离开了他的鼻子,放在了他的肩膀上。她的另一只胳膊伸上来搂住他的胳膊,她的手压在他的肩胛骨上。仔细想想,压得相当紧。明日香绝对不会因为他们这样靠在一起而感到不高兴。事实上,她开始发出一些非常高兴的声音。随着她的舌头突然变得更加有力地与他的舌头交锋,她发出越来越愉悦的“嗯嗯”声和哼哼声。她靠在他身上的胳膊收紧了。

His own grip reflexively tightened likewise. 'Wait... is she... is she enjoying this as much as I am? More? This... this isn't just kissing because she's bored or wants to see what it's like anymore...' His initial annoyance at her goading him into the kiss was all but gone, replaced by dawning surprise. 'She's... she's liking this. She's liking kissing me. She wanted to kiss me. Me?!' Light went off behind his eyes. 'She... likes me?' She certainly wasn't stopping the kiss, at least.
他自己的抓握反射性地也紧绷起来。'等等……她……她像我一样享受这个吗?更多?这……这不仅仅是因为她无聊或想看看它是什么样的而亲吻……'他最初对她激怒他亲吻的恼怒已经消失殆尽,取而代之的是惊讶。'她……她喜欢这个。她喜欢亲吻我。她想吻我。我?!'他的眼睛里闪过一道光。'她……喜欢我吗?'至少,她肯定没有停止亲吻。

Their bodies hadn't really stopped from the wobble their crashing together had started. The swaying increased slowly until they were stutter-stepping backwards across the dining room towards the living room, still holding each other tightly together. Their erratic, blind path ended with Shinji's heels encountering one of the beanbags near the TV. He toppled backwards into the beanbag, their mutual grip pulling Asuka down to end up sprawled on top of him.
他们的身体并没有真正停止从他们撞在一起开始的摇晃。摇摆慢慢加剧,直到他们结结巴巴地向后退着穿过餐厅走向客厅,仍然紧紧地抱在一起。他们不稳定的盲目路径以真嗣的脚后跟遇到电视机附近的一个豆袋而结束。他向后倒进豆袋,他们相互的抓握将明日香拉下来,最终摊在他身上。

The impact of the landing briefly interrupted the kiss. Shinji opened his mouth to say something in surprise at the trip, but Asuka's lips met his again before he even got the first syllable out. He did not protest, his arms wrapping more fully around her back, savoring the warm, solid feel of her against him. His hands slowly stroked up and down her back. He still felt dizzy, but this wasn't a feeling he wanted to stop. He felt like someone had blown the top of his head off and it was spinning somewhere around the ceiling.
着陆的冲击短暂地打断了这个吻。真嗣张开嘴,想惊讶地对这次旅行说些什么,但明日香的嘴唇在他甚至说出第一个音节之前再次吻住了他。他没有抗议,他的双臂更完全地环绕着她的后背,细细品味着她紧贴着他的温暖、坚实的感觉。他的手慢慢地抚摸着她的后背。他仍然感到头晕目眩,但这并不是他想要停止的感觉。他感觉有人把他的头顶炸掉了,它正在天花板的某个地方旋转。

He couldn't tell how long they lay there. Eventually, the nearly frenetic pace of their kissing slowed to more languid, relaxed ones. Finally they broke off for a longer pause, breathing hard, foreheads pressed together. Shinji struggled for what to say.
他无法说出他们躺了多久。最终,他们亲吻的近乎疯狂的节奏逐渐放慢,变得更加慵懒、放松。最后,他们停顿了更长的时间,呼吸急促,额头抵在一起。真嗣努力想说什么。

"Wow. That was….um….wow."
“哇。那是……嗯……哇。”

"Yeah," she responded just as softly. Her eyes were still closed.
“是啊,”她同样轻声地回答。她的眼睛仍然闭着。

His brain was still spinning from the high. He couldn't come up with anything coherent to say. His mouth kept running without consulting him, however.
他的大脑仍然因为兴奋而旋转。他想不出任何连贯的话来说。然而,他的嘴在不经他同意的情况下不停地说着。

"You're beautiful." “你很漂亮。”

That got Asuka's eyes open. Her sparkling blue stare pinned him in place. "What?"
这让明日香睁开了眼睛。她闪闪发光的蓝色目光将他钉在了原地。“什么?”

"You were right, I've never kissed anyone before and I'm so glad it was you for my first kiss and it was incredible and you're so beautiful and I think I really like you and oh shit I'm going to stop talking now."
“你说的没错,我之前从未亲吻过任何人,我很高兴我的初吻给了你,那感觉太棒了,你太美了,我想我真的喜欢你,哦,天哪,我现在要闭嘴了。”

Heavy silence descended. Pen-Pen toddled out of his freezer, looked in at them, cocked his head, and returned to his freezer once more after acquiring a new beer. Shinji swallowed heavily.
沉重的沉默笼罩着他们。笨笨从冰箱里蹒跚而出,看了看他们,歪了歪头,在拿了一罐新啤酒后又回到了冰箱里。真嗣重重地咽了口唾沫。

Suddenly, Asuka spoke up. "Say it again," she demanded quietly.
突然,明日香开口了。“再说一遍,”她平静地要求道。

He tensed. "Um….say what again?"
他紧张了起来。“呃……再说一遍什么?”

"What you just said. Say it again."
“你刚才说的话。再说一遍。”

"I'm glad you were my first kiss, it was incredible, you're beautiful, and I…" he gulped again. "I think I like you?"
“我很高兴你是我初吻的对象,感觉太棒了,你很美,而且我……”他又咽了口唾沫。“我想我喜欢你?”

More silence. 又是一阵沉默。

Asuka turned her head, burying her face in the side of his neck. "Do you mean it?"
明日香转过头,把脸埋在他的脖子一侧。“你是认真的吗?”

Shinji tried not to shake. He couldn't see her eyes, and her voice was …there was something intense in her tone, but he couldn't tell what. He did get the feeling that he better be very honest about what he said next, though.
真嗣努力不让自己颤抖。他看不到她的眼睛,她的声音……她的语气中带着某种强烈的情绪,但他不知道是什么。不过,他确实觉得他最好对他接下来要说的话非常诚实。

"Yes." “是的。”

A much longer silence.
沉默了更久。

"I like you too."
“我也喜欢你。”

Shinji's ears insisted that was what Asuka had whispered right in his ear, her voice almost inaudible. He froze, his arms still wrapped around her. "What?"
真嗣的耳朵坚持认为这是明日香在他耳边轻声说的话,她的声音几乎听不见。他僵住了,双臂仍然搂着她。“什么?”

She turned her head back to face him again. "Do you think I'm the kind of girl who'll just kiss anybody?" she asked sharply, a bit of her usual fire seeping back into her voice.
她转过头来再次面对他。“你认为我是那种会随便亲吻任何人的女孩吗?”她尖锐地问道,她声音中惯有的火气又回来了。

"You just said you wanted to kiss me because you were bored!"
“你刚刚说你想吻我,因为你很无聊!”

"I lied." Her eyes dropped away from his. "I wanted to kiss you. Because I wanted to know what it felt like."
“我撒了谎。”她的目光从他身上移开。“我想吻你。因为我想知道那是什么感觉。”

"You did?" A distant part of Shinji's brain tried to butt in with the observation that his last few contributions to the conversation had not been that impressive. "Why?"
“你真的想吗?”真嗣大脑中一个遥远的部分试图插嘴,观察到他对这次谈话的最后几次贡献并不令人印象深刻。“为什么?”

"I don't know! I just keep thinking about it! I'm not supposed to be attracted to boys like you! I'm supposed to want a real man like Kaji! I'm not supposed to be wondering what it would feel like to kiss you, to have your arms around me! It's not supposed to feel this good to do it! It's not supposed to feel so good to be lying here with you! I shouldn't want this to never end..." Her outburst ran down into confusion. "Why is it you?"
“我不知道!我只是不停地想这件事!我不应该被像你这样的男孩吸引!我应该想要一个像加持那样的真正的男人!我不应该想知道吻你是什么感觉,让你搂着我!这样做不应该有这么好的感觉!和你躺在这里不应该有这么好的感觉!我不应该希望这永远不要结束……”她的爆发变成了困惑。“为什么是你?”

"I...I don't know?" “我……我不知道?”

Asuka puffed her cheeks our in frustration. "Well...why do you like me, then?"
明日香气鼓鼓地鼓起脸颊。“好吧……那你为什么喜欢我?”

"Because you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Because you're brilliant, have the most amazing eyes, and are so damn alive. You... you push me, get at me like no one else. I... I can never figure out how to talk to you, but I... like seeing you smile."
“因为你是见过的最漂亮的女孩。因为你聪明,有着最迷人的眼睛,而且如此鲜活。你……你激励我,像其他人一样激励我。我……我永远不知道该怎么和你说话,但我……喜欢看你微笑。”

Asuka colored a bit. "You... you've got nice eyes too." She blinked. "Wait, if you feel like that about me, why didn't you ever respond any of the other times I tried to flirt with you? I've been trying to get you to do something for weeks!"
明日香有点脸红了。“你……你的眼睛也很漂亮。”她眨了眨眼。“等等,如果你对我感觉是这样,为什么我每次试图和你调情时你都不回应?我已经试着让你做点什么好几个星期了!”

"Wait, other times? What other times?"
“等等,其他时候?什么其他时候?”

"When a girl walks up to you in a bikini and starts using her chest as a physics demo, she's trying to get your attention!"
“当一个女孩穿着比基尼走到你面前,开始用她的胸部做物理演示时,她就是在试图引起你的注意!”

"Oh." “哦。”

"'Oh'? What about during our synchronization training? We were alone all night and I even invited you into my room, but you didn't do anything!"
“‘哦’?那我们同步训练的时候呢?我们整晚都独处,我甚至邀请你进我的房间,但你什么也没做!”

Shinji frowned at that one. "You didn't invite me in, you told me to stay out! 'The impenetrable wall of Jerko' you said!"
真嗣听到这句话皱起了眉头。“你没有邀请我进去,你让我待在外面!你说‘杰可的坚不可摧之墙’!”

"Jericho. I... wait, you... You don't know that story? It's in the Bible! The walls of Jericho fell, Third! I wanted you to come in!"
“杰里科。我……等等,你……你不知道这个故事吗?它在圣经里!杰里科的城墙倒塌了,笨蛋!我想让你进来!”

Shinji tried vainly to close his gaping mouth. "What?! But... we were alone! We could... I...I didn't know! My Sensei never covered the Bible!"
真嗣徒劳地试图合上他张大的嘴巴。“什么?!但是……我们独处!我们可以……我……我不知道!我的老师从未讲过圣经!”

Asuka just narrowed her eyes at him. "What Sensei?"
明日香只是眯起眼睛看着他。“什么老师?”

"The one my father abandoned me with after my mother died in an accident with the Eva! Not that you'd understand that," he bit out. It was not a comfortable memory. He pinched his eyes closed as the painful image of his father's retreating back welled up once again.
“在我母亲因与 EVA 发生事故而死后,我父亲把我丢给他的那个人!不是说你会理解,”他脱口而出。那不是一段愉快的回忆。他闭上眼睛,他父亲离去的背影再次浮现在脑海中,他感到痛苦。

But when he opened them again, Asuka was staring at him like she'd seen a ghost. "Me too."
但当他再次睁开眼睛时,明日香正像看到鬼一样盯着他。“我也是。”

Shinji blinked. That couldn't be what she just said.
真嗣眨了眨眼。她不可能刚说了那样的话。

Her arms squeezed him tighter as her gaze went far away. "My mother... There was an accident with Unit-02... She... died, eventually. My father... didn't mourn very long." Her mouth twisted sourly. "So yes, Third Child, I know exactly what that felt like!"
她的目光飘向远方,双臂紧紧地搂着他。“我的母亲……Unit-02 发生了一场事故……她……最终死了。我的父亲……并没有哀悼多久。”她的嘴痛苦地扭曲着。“所以是的,第三适格者,我知道那种感觉!”

Shinji sat stunned, his mind trying to grapple with her shocking revelation. Asuka... had felt the same kind of loss as he had? She'd had her mother ripped away from her, and even younger than him? She... was like him?
真嗣惊呆了,他的思绪试图理解她令人震惊的表白。明日香……也经历过和他一样的失去吗?她的母亲也被夺走了,而且比他更小?她……和他一样吗?

"Your father abandoned you after your mother was gone," he said.
“你母亲去世后,你父亲抛弃了你,”他说。

She looked at him sharply again. She opened her mouth to say something, but stopped. Her forehead wrinkled in thought for a moment. "You have nightmares all the time about it. The memory keeps coming after you when you try to sleep," she said eventually. It was only half a question.
她再次锐利地注视着他。她张开嘴想说些什么,但又停住了。她的额头因思考而皱起了一阵。“你一直为此做噩梦。当你试图入睡时,记忆不断涌现,”她最终说道。这只是一个半问题。

Shinji nodded slowly, never breaking her eyes. A memory of Asuka weeping in her sleep, whimpering for her Mama floated across his mind. "It's hard to sleep. You feel lonely and cold at night, because no one ever held you after that," he finally replied. It was even less a question. There weren't questions. They were connections. Confessions.
真嗣慢慢地点点头,始终没有离开她的视线。一个关于明日香在睡梦中哭泣,为她的妈妈啜泣的记忆浮现在他的脑海中。“很难入睡。你晚上感到孤独和寒冷,因为从那以后再也没有人抱过你,”他终于回答道。这甚至算不上一个问题。没有问题。他们之间有联系。有告白。

Asuka barely let him finish before she replied. "You never had many friends before you came here. No on ever wanted to just talk to you for you."
明日香几乎没等他说完就回答了。“在你来到这里之前,你从来就没有多少朋友。没有人想和你说话。”

She knew... This was his life. And hers? "Your father never explained or apologized for why he just left you."
她知道……这就是他的生活。而她的呢?“你父亲从未解释或道歉过他为什么抛弃你。”

"No one even tried to understand your pain. No one cared." Her eyes were magnetic, her voice hypnotic.
“甚至没有人试图理解你的痛苦。没有人关心。”她的眼睛具有磁性,她的声音具有催眠性。

"You miss her every day, but don't even have any pictures, barely any memories. No one tells you about her." He almost felt like it wasn't his own voice speaking anymore.
“你每天都思念她,但甚至没有任何照片,几乎没有任何记忆。没有人告诉你关于她的事。”他几乎觉得自己不再是自己的声音在说话了。

Her arms tightened around him even more, almost a desperate grip now. "And there was never any point in talking about it to anyone, because there was no one in the world who could understand what being an Evangelion Pilot was like," she said softly.
她的双臂更加紧地搂住他,现在几乎是绝望地抓紧他。“而且从来没有任何意义可以向任何人谈论它,因为世界上没有人能够理解成为一名 EVA 驾驶员是什么感觉,”她轻声说道。

Silence hung heavy between them. Shinji vaguely noticed they were breathing in synch, faces just inches apart.
沉默沉重地笼罩着他们。真嗣隐约注意到他们呼吸同步,脸庞仅相隔几英寸。

"You're just like me."
“你就像我一样。”

He blinked. He wasn't sure which of them had started saying it first. Their synchronization training had left a mark.
他眨了眨眼。他不确定他们俩谁先开始这样说的。他们的同步训练留下了印记。

Asuka blinked as well, but recovered faster. A smile started spreading across her face that left Shinji positively dazzled. Asuka's face was lit up, transformed by the look of happiness unlike anything he'd seen on her before. Not a smirk, not a cocky, superior grin, but a real, stunning smile. "You... you know. You're cute, you like me, you're a fantastic kisser, and you understand what it's like." Her arms squeezed him in a fierce hug. "You are mine, Third Child!"
明日香也眨了眨眼,但恢复得更快。她的脸上开始绽放笑容,让真嗣完全目眩神迷。明日香的脸庞亮了起来,被幸福的表情所改变,这与他以前在她脸上见过的任何表情都不一样。不是冷笑,不是傲慢自大的笑容,而是真正的、令人惊叹的笑容。“你……你知道的。你很可爱,你喜欢我,你是一个很棒的接吻者,而且你理解那是什么感觉。”她的双臂紧紧地拥抱他。“你是我的,第三适格者!”

She dipped her head to bring their lips together again. She was far more aggressive than before, but he met her just as eagerly. There was more than just the sheer hormonal rush this time. Now there was a dawning realization, a feeling of profound connection. She knew! He understood! I'm not alone!
她低下头,再次将他们的嘴唇贴在一起。她比之前更加主动,但他同样热情地回应了她。这一次,不仅仅是荷尔蒙的冲动。现在,他们意识到了一种深刻的联系。她知道了!他理解了!我不是一个人!

Again, time disappeared for them. Shinji had no idea how long they kept going this time before something finally registered on his mind besides the hot, electric feel of the German redhead in his arms or the growing happiness that there was someone who could truly empathize with what he'd gone through.
时间再次从他们身边溜走。真嗣不知道他们这次持续了多久,直到他终于意识到除了怀中德国红发女郎火热而充满电力的感觉,以及终于有人能真正理解他所经历的一切而产生的幸福感之外,还有别的东西。

Beep. Hiss. 哔。嘶。

Their eyes popped open simultaneously. That was the front door! Misato was home! Shit! They sprang to their feet and scrambled apart, hastily adjusting clothing and trying to hide red faces and mussed hair. Asuka dove for the TV's remote and turned it on. The NHK announcer began droning on about tomorrow's weather.
他们同时睁开了眼睛。那是前门!美里回来了!糟了!他们跳起来,慌乱地分开,匆忙整理着衣服,试图掩饰红红的脸和凌乱的头发。明日香扑向电视遥控器并打开它。NHK播音员开始喋喋不休地谈论明天的天气。

Baritone rumbles of a deeper male voice floated from the entrance way, mixing with Misato's slurred mumbles. Kaji had come home with her. They appeared in the doorway from the front all into the dining area where he and Asuka had begun their kiss. Misato's arm was slung around Kaji's shoulders and she was leaning heavily on him for support. Kaji's eyebrows went up as he spotted Shinji standing in the living room. "Yo, Shinji-kun. Give me a hand with her. She needs to get into bed."
低沉的男中音从入口处传来,与美里的含糊不清的嘟囔声混杂在一起。加持带着她回来了。他们出现在从前门通往餐厅的门廊里,他与明日香开始接吻的地方。美里的胳膊搭在加持的肩膀上,她正沉重地靠在他身上寻求支撑。加持发现真嗣站在客厅里,眉毛挑了起来。“哟,真嗣君。帮我扶她一把。她需要上床睡觉了。”

"Ah, y-yes, Kaji-san." Shinji quickly moved to support Misato from her other side. Together they guided the stumbling Major towards her futon. Kaji gently removed her jacket and laid her down, brushing her hair out of her face, leaving her rapidly sinking into sleep comfortably arranged on her bedding.
“啊,是,加持先生。”真嗣迅速地从另一侧扶住美里。他们一起引导着踉跄的少校走向她的被褥。加持轻轻地脱下她的夹克,让她躺下,拂去她脸上的头发,让她迅速地陷入沉睡,舒适地躺在床上。

Kaji looked at the NERV Operations Director fondly, a wistful smile on his face. He nodded to Shinji and Asuka. "Well, time for me to go. Goodnight, kids."
加持深情地看着NERV作战部长,脸上带着一丝忧郁的微笑。他向真嗣和明日香点了点头。“好了,我该走了。晚安,孩子们。”

Asuka jerked in surprise, finally managing to look Kaji in the face. She'd spent the previous minute carefully keeping him from seeing how much she was still flushed. "You're not... going to stay the night? You could..."
明日香惊讶地抽搐了一下,终于设法直视加持的脸。她花了前一分钟小心地不让他看到自己仍然脸红得厉害。“你不会……留下来过夜吗?你可以……”

Kaji smiled wryly and fluffed his wedding wear. "I'd get laughed at if I showed up to work tomorrow wearing this."
加持苦笑了一下,整理了一下自己的婚礼服装。“如果我明天穿着这身衣服去上班,肯定会被人笑话的。”

"But..." Asuka half-raised her hand and drifted after him as Kaji headed for the door. As Shinji moved to follow them and caught up to her, Asuka suddenly stopped and remained still as he and Kaji turned down the hall to the door.
“但是……”明日香半举起手,在加持走向门口时飘在他身后。当真嗣跟上他们并追上她时,明日香突然停了下来,一动不动地站在那里,而加持和真嗣已经拐过走廊走向门口了。

Kaji smiled over his shoulder as he stepped out the door. "Please take care of Katsuragi. See you later, Shinji-kun. Goodnight."
加持走出门口时,回过头笑了笑。“请照顾好葛城。再见了,真嗣君。晚安。”

"Goodnight." The door slid closed with another hiss-beep. Out of the corner of his eye, Shinji spotted Asuka standing at the end of the hallway near the dining area, a slightly sad look on her face. "What's wrong?"
“晚安。”门在一声嘶嘶作响的蜂鸣声中关上了。真嗣眼角的余光瞥见明日香站在走廊尽头靠近餐厅的地方,脸上带着一丝悲伤。“怎么了?”

"Lavender perfume," Asuka said. "Misato's. It was all over Kaji. They really are together again. I should have known. The whole trip here from Germany Kaji-san was talking about her and distracted, even when I tried to..." Asuka went red. "N-nevermind! I... it's late. We should... get into bed too." For some reason she turned redder.
“薰衣草香水,”明日香说。“是美里的。加持身上到处都是。他们真的又在一起了。我应该知道的。从德国回来的整个旅途中,加持先生都在谈论她,而且心不在焉,即使我试图……”明日香脸红了。“没——没什么!我……很晚了。我们也应该……上床睡觉了。”不知何故,她的脸更红了。

Shinji tried not to let his shoulders slump. Whatever spell had been cast before, it seemed that now it was broken. The moment was gone. "Right," he muttered, dejected. He walked back to his room and changed into a pair of loose shorts and a light shirt for sleeping in. Before he got to his bed, he stopped in the middle of his room and closed his eyes. He allowed himself to spend a full minute reveling in the memories of how it felt to hold Asuka close and kiss her. He sighed both in enjoyment of the memory and sadness over the fact that that's all it was now. He reached for the covers to get into his bed.
真嗣努力不让自己的肩膀垮下来。无论之前施了什么咒语,现在看来都已失效。那一刻已经过去了。“好吧,”他沮丧地嘟囔道。他走回房间,换上了一条宽松的短裤和一件轻便的睡衣。在走到床边之前,他在房间中央停了下来,闭上了眼睛。他允许自己花整整一分钟来回味与明日香亲密相拥并亲吻她的感觉。他既为这段回忆感到高兴,又为现在这一切都已成为过去而感到悲伤。他伸手去拿被子,准备上床睡觉。

"What are you doing?"
“你在做什么?”

He froze and turned around. Asuka was standing in the door of his room, her arms folded, staring at him.
他僵住了,转过身。明日香站在他房间门口,双臂交叉,盯着他。

"I'm... getting into bed? Like you said?" he said, confused. "I..." He froze again. Her ever-present A-10 interface headset was missing. Her hair was down, and she'd apparently brushed it for bed. It haloed her head like a brilliant, smooth waterfall of fire. He had the sudden, intense desire to run his hands through it. It changed her whole look. He'd never seen her like this. It was utterly stunning. She looked even better.
“我……上床睡觉?就像你说的?”他困惑地说,“我……”他又僵住了。她那一直戴着的 A-10 界面耳机不见了。她的头发披散着,显然是已经梳理过了。它像一道光滑明亮的火瀑布,环绕着她的头部。他突然强烈地想要抚摸她的头发。这改变了她整个人的气质。他从未见过她这样。这简直太令人惊叹了。她看起来更美了。

"You're what? And what are you staring at now, Third?"
“你是什么?现在又在盯着哪里看,三号?”

"Your...your hair... you're beautiful. I-I mean, I've only ever seen you without your A-10 headset after a shower. You look so different with it brushed out like that. It's amazing..."
“你……你的头发……你真漂亮。我……我的意思是,我以前只在洗澡后见过你没戴 A-10 头盔的样子。你把头发梳成那样,看起来完全不一样了。太棒了……”

Asuka's hands flew to her head. "I... leave it out to sleep. And I said we should get into bed, Third. Come on. Mine's bigger."
明日香的手飞快地摸向自己的头。“我……睡觉时会把它披散着。而且我说过我们应该上床睡觉了,三号。来吧。我的床更大。”

Shinji blanched. "What?! Us?! I-I-I... Asuka?" He did not resist, though, when she simply took him by the hand and led him across the narrow hallway into her room.
真嗣脸色苍白。“什么?!我们?!我……我……我……明日香?”然而,当她只是牵起他的手,把他带过狭窄的过道进入她的房间时,他并没有反抗。

"Baka. We were interrupted. We were still talking. And I liked what we were doing." She stopped at the side of the bed, her back still to him, but still held on to his hand. "Not just the kissing, but the... the rest too. Being held, I mean. I felt warm when we were doing that, and I didn't feel alone. 'It's hard to sleep. You feel lonely and cold at night, because no one ever held you after that', you said." She finally turned around to face him again. "You know that feeling. I do too, and I don't like it. Have you ever felt so warm or good as you did when we were just doing that?"
“笨蛋。我们被打断了。我们还在说话。而且我喜欢我们正在做的事情。”她停在床边,背对着他,但仍然牵着他的手。“不仅仅是接吻,还有……还有其他。我是说,被拥抱。我们做那件事的时候,我感到很温暖,而且我不再感到孤独。‘很难入睡。你晚上会感到孤独和寒冷,因为在那之后再也没有人抱过你’,你说过。”她终于转过身来再次面对他。“你知道那种感觉。我也知道,而且我不喜欢。我们只是做那件事的时候,你有没有感到过那么温暖或美好?”

Her expression was as open as he'd ever seen her. Her eyes searched his face, not hostilely, just... looking to find that feeling of connection again. His heart started pounding even harder than it had when she'd said 'we should get into bed'.
她的表情是他见过的最坦诚的。她的眼睛搜索着他的脸,没有敌意,只是……想要再次找到那种联系的感觉。他的心跳得比她刚说“我们应该上床”时还要剧烈。

He gulped. "No. I haven't. Not for longer than I can remember," he said.
他咽了口唾沫。“没有。我记事以来就没有过,”他说。

"Don't you want to keep feeling like that?"
“你不想继续保持这种感觉吗?”

He swallowed again. "Yes?" he answered tentatively.
他再次咽了口唾沫。“想?”他试探着回答。

Asuka just nodded. "I do too. And Misato is dead asleep, no one else is here and you're going to be the first one up anyhow. So if...we want to spend the night together to keep the cold and loneliness away, we can. No one will know but us. And I..." Asuka pinched her eyes shut and forced the words out. "I don't want to be alone... Shinji."
明日香只是点了点头。“我也想。而且美里已经睡着了,这里没有其他人,无论如何你都会第一个起床。所以如果……我们想一起度过这个夜晚来驱散寒冷和孤独,我们就可以。除了我们,没有人会知道。而且我……”明日香闭上眼睛,强迫自己说出这句话。“我不想一个人……真嗣。”

'This has to be a dream. This has to be a dream.' "Asuka, I... I don't want to be alone either, but... I'm scared," he admitted. His hand shook in hers. 'This has to be a dream... or a trick.'
“这肯定是个梦。这肯定是个梦。”“明日香,我……我也不想一个人,但是……我害怕,”他承认道。他的手在她手中颤抖着。“这肯定是个梦……或者是个骗局。”

"You're just like me," Asuka reminded him quietly, looking him right in the eyes. "You think I'm not too? But we're Eva Pilots." She managed an unsteady smile. "We can handle anything, right?"
“你就像我一样,”明日香平静地提醒他,直视他的眼睛。“你认为我不会害怕吗?但我们是EVA驾驶员。”她勉强挤出一个笑容。“我们可以处理任何事情,对吧?”

She let go of his hand and sat down on the bed. She scooted over to give him room, then looked up at him, silently asking the question.
她松开他的手,坐在床上。她挪动了一下身子,给他腾出空间,然后抬头看着他,默默地询问着。

Shinji tried to make his body move, but he felt frozen solid. 'This has to be a dream!' He'd had dreams like this. Misato's words from the night before echoed in his head. 'Nothing will change unless you take that first step forward...' He made his right hand stop nervously clenching and releasing over and over. "Asuka... promise me this isn't a trick? This isn't some kind of game? You really mean all this?"
真嗣试图让自己的身体动起来,但他感觉自己冻僵了。“这肯定是个梦!”他做过这样的梦。美里的夜话在他脑海中回响。“如果你不迈出第一步,什么都不会改变……”他让自己的右手停止紧张地一次又一次地握紧和松开。“明日香……答应我这不是一个骗局?这不是某种游戏?你真的这么想吗?”

In response, Asuka just stared at him for a moment before pulling her loose yellow t-shirt over her head and throwing it behind him, well out of reach. "There. If we're caught, no pretending. Does that show you I'm serious enough? I mean all of this, Third Chil-... Shinji. I promise. Now get in here, baka! I'm cold!" She flopped down and pulled the blankets over her, her sapphire blue eyes still locked on his.
作为回应,明日香只是盯着他一会儿,然后把宽松的黄色T恤从头上脱下来,扔到他身后,远远地够不着。“好了。如果我们被抓住了,就不要假装了。这能表明我足够认真吗?我是认真的,第三适格者……真嗣。我保证。现在进来,笨蛋!我冷!”她一屁股坐下来,把毯子拉到身上,她那蓝宝石般的眼睛仍然盯着他。

He just gaped at the alabaster vision he'd just seen, and slowly peeled his own shirt off to drop at his feet. He lifted the side of the sheets and slid into bed next to her, leaving a careful few centimeters between any actual points of touching her. He nearly levitated a meter up off the mattress when he felt her arms wrap around him and yank him into full flush contact.
他只是目瞪口呆地看着他刚刚看到的雪花石膏幻影,然后慢慢地脱下自己的衬衫,丢在脚边。他掀起床单的一侧,滑进她旁边的床上,在任何实际接触点之间小心地留出几厘米的距离。当他感觉到她的胳膊环绕着他,并把他拉入完全的紧密接触时,他几乎从床垫上漂浮了一米高。

"Mmmm...warm," Asuka whispered. "You feel warm. It's nice."
“嗯……暖和,”明日香低语道。“你感觉很温暖。真好。”

He felt warm, alright. He felt so warm he was faintly surprised that steam wasn't shooting out his ears. He felt positively dizzy. A small pinch on his side from Asuka brought him back down enough to realize she was talking to him. "When someone holds you, you're supposed to hold them too, baka." Her command was somewhat undercut by the blush lighting up her cheeks and inability to meet his eyes. Hesitantly, like he was about to hold a tiger with a toothache, Shinji worked his arms around her too. Her skin felt smoother than the finest silk under his fingertips. He could have sworn he felt electricity running under his hands. 'She's so warm,' he thought in wonder.
他感觉很温暖,没错。他感觉如此温暖,以至于他有点惊讶自己的耳朵没有冒出蒸汽。他感觉头晕目眩。明日香在他腰上轻轻一捏,让他回过神来,意识到她在和他说话。“当有人抱着你的时候,你也应该抱着他们,笨蛋。”她的命令被她脸颊上泛起的红晕和无法直视他的眼睛所削弱。真嗣犹豫了一下,好像他即将抱住一只牙疼的老虎,也环抱住了她。她的皮肤在他的指尖下感觉比最精细的丝绸还要光滑。他敢发誓,他感觉到电流从他的手中流过。“她好温暖,”他惊奇地想。

Asuka had stiffened herself when his arms first went around her, but abruptly melted into his embrace. After a long moment of just enjoying the feeling, she spoke up softly. "Isn't this better than cold and lonely?"
当他的手臂第一次环绕住她时,明日香的身体僵硬了,但突然融化在他的怀抱中。在享受这种感觉的漫长时刻后,她轻声说道:“这难道不比寒冷和孤独更好吗?”

Shinji couldn't help but agree. His heart was still pounding a mile a minute, but at the same time he felt so comfortable and alive he didn't want to move. He nodded. "I like this."
真嗣情不自禁地表示同意。他的心跳仍然每分钟一英里,但同时他感到如此舒适和充满活力,以至于他不想动。他点了点头。“我喜欢这样。”

"Me too." Asuka burrowed her face into his neck and lay quietly for a minute. "Shinji... promise me this isn't a dream? I don't... I don't want to wake up alone and hating everything again," she asked. "I don't want this to stop."
“我也是。”明日香把脸埋进他的脖子,安静地躺了一分钟。“真嗣……答应我这不是一场梦?我不想……我不想独自醒来,再次憎恨一切,”她问道。“我不想让这一切停止。”

"You're just like me," he echoed back at her. "Asuka, I'm scared this is a dream, but I've never felt this good. I'll stay as long as you'll let me."
“你就像我一样,”他回声般地对她说。“明日香,我害怕这是一个梦,但我从未感觉如此美好。只要你让我留下来,我就会一直留下来。”

"Tonight. What about tomorrow? And the next day? I mean it, Shinji. I don't want this to stop. I don't want to wake up cold and lonely ever again."
“今晚。明天呢?还有后天呢?我是认真的,真嗣。我不想让这一切停止。我再也不想醒来时感到寒冷和孤独了。”

Shinji tried to keep his heart from hammering its way out of his chest. Asuka, the fiery dynamo of confidence and energy, was asking him for... what? To stay with her? To be with her? Like she thought he might even refuse? If this was a dream, Shinji was going to stay in it as long as he could. "As long as you'll have me. I promise."
真嗣努力不让自己的心脏从胸膛里蹦出来。热情洋溢、充满自信和活力的明日香在问他……什么?要他陪着她吗?要和他在一起吗?她以为他可能会拒绝吗?如果这是一个梦,真嗣会尽可能地待在这个梦里。“只要你愿意,我答应你。”

To his surprise, Asuka started to laugh. "Did... did I say something wrong?"
出乎意料的是,明日香笑了起来。“我……我说错什么了吗?”

Asuka shook her head. "This is crazy. One kiss, and we're like this? One kiss and all of a sudden you're mister smooth? You sound so serious, like you're ready to... to..."
明日香摇了摇头。“这太疯狂了。一个吻,我们就变成这样了?一个吻,你突然就变得这么油嘴滑舌了?你听起来很认真,好像你已经准备好……准备好……”

"Jump into a volcano for you?" Shinji suggested with a tiny smile.
“为你跳进火山?”真嗣微笑着提议道。

Asuka snorted. "You started playing the cello and have spent years getting professionally good because no one told you to stop? Are you going to hold me the same way because I don't tell you to stop?" Her tone tried to be flippant, but even as bad as he was at reading most social cues Shinji could hear the serious, almost hopeful note underneath. She meant that question. And he honestly didn't know how to answer her.
明日香哼了一声。“你开始拉大提琴,并且花了数年时间变得专业,是因为没有人让你停止吗?你会因为我没有让你停止而以同样的方式对待我吗?”她的语气试图表现得轻浮,但即使真嗣在解读大多数社交暗示方面很糟糕,他也能听到其中认真、几乎充满希望的意味。她认真地问了这个问题。而他真的不知道该如何回答她。

Well, he knew how he wanted to answer her, but 'I want to help you somehow, and be with you forever' seemed a bit much to offer so quickly. Even if the German redhead had been on his mind all the time since they'd met, he was still hesitant to do anything that might make her pull away again. But he still didn't want to ever let go. He'd never felt this good in her life.
嗯,他知道自己想如何回答她,但“我想以某种方式帮助你,并永远和你在一起”似乎有点太快了。即使自从他们见面以来,这个德国红发女郎一直占据着他的脑海,他仍然犹豫不决,不想做任何可能让她再次疏远的事情。但他仍然不想放手。他从未在她的生活中感到如此美好。

"I..." He swallowed. "I've never had anyone, Asuka. If you... like me, and want me to hold you and be there tomorrow, then... I'm not going to give that up until you make me. I like this. I like you. If... if you want me to hold you, I will, as long as you hold me too."
“我……”他咽了咽口水。“我从未有过任何人,明日香。如果你……喜欢我,想让我抱着你,明天还在那里,那么……在你让我放弃之前,我不会放弃。我喜欢这样。我喜欢你。如果你……如果你想让我抱着你,我会的,只要你也抱着我。”

Asuka's jaw set more firmly at this. "Oh, I'm going to, Third Child. You're mine! I like this, and I'm not going to let anyone take that, or you, away from me. Not Angels, not NERV, not Misato, not Wondergirl, nobody. We live together, we train together, we fight together, and now..." She blushed again, but didn't lose his eyes. "We stay together. That sound good to you?"
明日香的嘴更紧了。“哦,我会的,第三适格者。你是我的!我喜欢这样,我不会让任何人夺走你,或者夺走你。不是使徒,不是NERV,不是美里,不是神奇女侠,没有人。我们住在一起,我们一起训练,我们一起战斗,现在……”她再次脸红了,但没有失去他的目光。“我们在一起。你觉得怎么样?”

He could only nod.
他只能点头。

"You promise?" she pressed. "I think you might be a baka, but the kind of baka who keeps his promises. And I already count on you to fight the Angels with me. So do you promise?"
“你保证吗?”她追问。“我觉得你可能是个笨蛋,但你是一个会信守承诺的笨蛋。我已经指望你和我一起对抗天使了。所以你保证吗?”

"I do. I-I mean, I promise. Together, you and me." The words thrilled him.
“我保证。我——我是说,我保证。我们一起。”这些话让他激动不已。

Asuka's eyes flickered with something he couldn't identify, and she looked like she wanted to say some things, but all she said was "Good." She pulled him closer for another kiss. Or he pulled her. Neither of them could tell.
明日香的眼睛闪动着某种他无法辨认的东西,她看起来想说些什么,但她只说了句“好”。她把他拉近,又吻了他一下。或者是他拉近了她。他们俩谁也说不清。

Time went by. He couldn't tell how much. He didn't care. All that mattered was how it felt to hold someone that wanted him.
时间流逝。他不知道过了多久。他不在乎。唯一重要的是,被一个想要他的人拥抱着的感觉。

Um. How it felt. It felt good. Really good. Heading rapidly for too good, in fact. He reluctantly pulled back. He needed a second to get his brain to work enough to form words. "Um...Asuka?"
嗯。那种感觉。感觉很好。真的很好。事实上,很快就变得太好了。他不情愿地退后。他需要一秒钟让自己的大脑恢复足够的工作能力,以便形成语言。“嗯……明日香?”

Her reply was just as dazed. "Umm?"
她的回答同样茫然。“嗯?”

'Oh gods she feels good.' "Er... we... I... thermal expansion." He squeaked the words out in a tiny whisper, glad the dim moonlight of her room hid just how mortified he looked. "We... I'm almost..."
“哦,天哪,她感觉真好。”“呃……我们……我……热胀冷缩。”他用极小的音量挤出这些话,庆幸她房间昏暗的月光掩盖了他羞愧的表情。“我们……我快……”

"Er... yeah. I can tell... you're... um... hard to miss." Her breathing was almost a pant. "I... we... can't. I mean... not... I'm..." Her whisper dropped even more. "We don't have any... um... protection."
“呃……是啊。我能看出来……你……嗯……很难让人不注意。”她的呼吸几乎喘了起来。“我……我们……不能。我是说……不……我……”她的耳语声更低了。“我们没有任何……嗯……保护措施。”

Shinji nearly passed out. 'Did... did she really say... if we did...?"
真嗣差点晕倒了。“她……她真的说……如果我们做了……”

"I mean... I... Misato has some in her room, maybe, I think..." she continued, half to herself. "Asuka!" He managed, barely, to keep it to an explosive whisper rather than a near-shout. "We... you're serious?!"
“我是说……我……美里她房间里也许有一些,我想……”她继续说道,半是对自己说。“明日香!”他勉强控制住自己,没有大声喊出来,只是爆发出一声耳语。“我……你是认真的吗?!”

"Don't you dare try to tell me you're not interested or not thinking about it too, baka. You're not fooling anyone." She looked down between them. "But... no. Not... tonight. Not like this."
“别想骗我说你没兴趣或者没想过,笨蛋。你骗不了任何人。”她低头看着他们之间。“但是……不。不……今晚不行。不能这样。”

"You... you've thought about it?" he asked.
“你……你考虑过吗?”他问道。

She gave him a stare that was simultaneously warm and sarcastic. "Tell me you haven't," she dared him.
她用一种既温暖又讽刺的眼神看着他。“告诉我你没有,”她向他挑战道。

Silence. 沉默。

"That's what I thought." She kissed him again. "Perv. I knew it."
“我就知道。”她又吻了他一下。“色狼。我就知道。”

"Hey, you just admitted you did too!"
“喂,你刚刚承认你也有这种想法!”

"I didn't say it was a bad thing. And boy, we are not telling Misato about any of tonight."
“我没说这是件坏事。而且,我们绝对不能把今晚的事告诉美里。”

"Any?" “任何?”

"You think the first thing she'd say wouldn't be something like 'Oh noes! You two have to be kept apart, lest naughty deeds ensue!'? She snorted again. "They treat us like kids, but we're soldiers. If we could die any day, any battle... I'm not going to let anyone tell me I'm not allowed to live first. If anyone finds out, they'd make us stop, and probably... probably make us live apart." She sounded very unhappy with the thought. "I bet they'd make me go room with Wondergirl or something. Blech. So we have to pretend we're... like before."
“你觉得她说的第一句话不会是‘哦,不!你们两个必须分开,以免发生一些不好的事情!’吗?”她再次哼了一声。“他们把我们当小孩,但我们是士兵。如果我们随时都可能死在战场上……我不会让任何人告诉我,我不允许先活下去。如果有人发现,他们会让我们停止,而且可能会……可能会让我们分开住。”她对这个想法非常不高兴。“我打赌他们会让我和神奇女侠住一个房间,或者其他什么。呸。所以我们必须假装我们……像以前一样。”

"Even to my friends? Or yours?"
“即使对我的朋友?或者你的朋友?”

"You think those Stooges could keep a secret like this? We'll just have to... act like we always do, in public."
“你觉得那些笨蛋能保守这样的秘密吗?我们只需要……在公共场合表现得像往常一样。”

"I suppose so..." “我想是这样……”

Asuka kissed him again, softer than before. "It won't be that bad, my baka-Shinji. When we're all alone..." Her lips curled into a wicked grin and she wiggled against him.
明日香再次吻了他,比以前更温柔。“不会那么糟糕的,我的笨蛋真嗣。当我们独处的时候……”她的嘴唇弯成一个邪恶的微笑,在他身上扭动着。

"Oh gods..." “哦,天哪……”

"When we're alone... you're all mine."
“当我们独处的时候……你就是我的了。”

XXXXXXXXXX

Morning had just begin to grey they pre-dawn skies when Shinji woke. He blinked blearily as he brushed strands of long red hair out of his face and wondered why his bed felt strange and he had some sort of weight on his chest. His eyes bugged wide as memory rushed in. 'Oh gods... that wasn't a dream?' He looked down without moving his head to confirm that, yes, the Second Child was wrapped firmly around him and using his chest for a pillow, smiling faintly in her sleep. 'Nope, that was really real. Oh gods...'
当真嗣醒来时,黎明前的天空才刚刚开始泛灰。他眨了眨朦胧的双眼,拂开脸上的几缕长长的红发,纳闷自己的床为什么感觉怪怪的,还有个什么东西压在自己的胸口上。记忆如潮水般涌来,他的眼睛瞪得老大。“哦,天哪……那不是梦?”他没动脑袋,只是向下看了看,证实了,没错,二号机正紧紧地搂着他,把他的胸口当枕头,睡得正香,脸上还带着淡淡的微笑。“不,那的确是真的。哦,天哪……”

He carefully slid himself out from under her and got out of bed. She made unhappy noises as her warm 'body-pillow' was taken away, but quieted as he arranged the covers over her and she settled in to the warm spot he'd left.
他小心翼翼地从她身下滑出来,下了床。当她温暖的“人体枕头”被拿走时,她发出了不高兴的声音,但当他给她盖好被子,她在他留下的温暖位置上安顿下来后,她又安静了下来。

He stood by the bed for a moment, burning the sight into his memory. Last night had really happened. All of it. Even the... He blushed. Even those parts. 'No protection doesn't mean there's nothing we can do, Third,' she'd said, and proved it. And even more than that, when they'd finally stopped to drift to sleep, she'd quietly whispered again 'I like you too.' That meant more to him than anything else they'd done.
他站在床边呆了一会儿,把眼前的景象深深地印在脑海里。昨晚发生的一切都是真的。所有的一切。甚至……他脸红了。甚至那些部分。“没有保护措施并不意味着我们什么都不能做,三号机,”她说,并证明了这一点。而且更重要的是,当他们终于停止漂浮入睡时,她又悄悄地低语道:“我也喜欢你。”这句话对他来说比他们所做的一切都更有意义。

"As long as you'll have me, I promise," he said softly. "Together, forever and always."
“只要你愿意,我保证,”他轻声说道。“永远在一起,永远。”

He turned and left to start preparing everyone's breakfasts and some hangover medicine for Misato. He missed a crystal blue eye cracking open wide with shock as she watched him leave.
他转身离开,开始为每个人准备早餐,还为美里准备了一些宿醉药。他没注意到一双水晶蓝色的眼睛震惊地睁大,看着他离开。

Chapter 2 那么,明朝会?

Asuka felt warm. Comfy. Someone was holding her. She could hear a steady heartbeat right under her ear. This was nice. She didn't want to wake up. This was the first time she could remember in too long that she hadn't been dragged out of restless sleep by the alarm. She was being roused anyway, however, by the sudden increase in the pleasant heartbeat, and then the removal of the warmth she'd been cuddling. She mumbled sleepy complaints, but the warmth left anyway. She felt someone gently covering her with the blankets, and reluctantly burrowed into the warm spot on the mattress.
明日香感到温暖。舒适。有人抱着她。她能听到在她耳朵下方有规律的心跳声。这感觉真好。她不想醒来。这是她能记得的很久以来第一次没有被闹钟从不安的睡眠中拖醒。然而,她还是被突然加快的心跳声和随后失去她依偎着的温暖而唤醒。她嘟囔着睡意朦胧的抱怨,但温暖还是离开了。她感觉到有人轻轻地用毯子盖住她,然后不情愿地钻进床垫上的温暖之处。

"As long as you'll have me, I promise," a soft voice said. "Together, forever and always."
“只要你愿意,我保证,”一个温柔的声音说道。“永远在一起,永远相爱。”

'Oh, that sounds nice. I hate being lonely. Are they talking to me?' she mused drowsily. Wait, she knew that voice. She'd never heard it so soft or close before last night, though... Her eye not pressed into the sheets snapped open. 'Oh. Oh holy shit. That was real. We...' She could see the familiar back of the Third Child walking out of her room. Away from her bed. Where they'd spent the night... together. Eep.
“哦,听起来不错。我讨厌孤独。他们是在跟我说话吗?”她昏昏欲睡地沉思着。等等,她知道那个声音。虽然她昨晚之前从未听过如此温柔或如此亲近的声音……她没有压在床单下的眼睛猛地睁开。“哦。哦,天哪。那是真的。我们……”她能看到第三适格者熟悉的后背正走出她的房间。远离她的床。他们共度一夜的地方……在一起。哎呀。

The soft THAP of the door to her room sliding shut was like a starting pistol. Asuka bolted upright, her heart pounding. The sudden prickle of colder air on her skin and a quick glance down confirmed her memory of tossing her shirt across the room to prove to the Third she was serious. She had no idea where her shorts had ended up. She'd had other things on her mind at the time. She blushed as bright red as her Evangelion as memories of exactly what they'd done after that point flooded her waking mind. It was a good thing Misato had been totally knocked out and they had no neighbors!
她房间的门轻轻地合上,就像发令枪响了。明日香猛地坐起来,心跳加速。皮肤上突然感到一阵寒冷,低头一看,证实了她把衬衫扔到房间另一头以向第三适格者证明自己认真的记忆。她不知道自己的短裤最后到哪里去了。当时她满脑子都是别的事情。当回忆起他们在那之后到底做了什么涌入她的脑海时,她脸红得像她的福音战士一样。还好美里已经完全昏迷了,她们也没有邻居!

She rapidly tossed on a change of clothes for the day, grabbed her A-10 headset, and cracked her door open. No one in sight. The faint sounds of her fellow Pilot beginning breakfast was the only thing she heard. No sign of Misato. Right. Go.
她迅速换好衣服,抓起 A-10 耳机,打开门。没人。她只听到同伴飞行员开始吃早餐的微弱声音。没有美里的迹象。对。出发。

She slipped out of her door and quietly made her way towards the kitchen. Unfortunately, the layout of the apartment meant she had to go through the dining area right off the kitchen in order to make the bathroom. But as long as Shinji had his back turned, she could make it there without him seeing her. She wouldn't have to look him in the eye yet. Which right now, sounded like a really good idea.
她溜出房门,悄悄地朝厨房走去。不幸的是,公寓的布局意味着她必须穿过厨房旁边的餐厅才能去浴室。但只要真嗣背对着她,她就能在他看不到的情况下到达那里。她不必现在就直视他的眼睛。现在,这听起来是个好主意。

A few more steps and she could see him. He was facing the counter, making something for their breakfast. A quick, quiet dash and she was in the bathroom, the folding door snapped shut behind her. Safe.
再走几步,她就能看到他了。他面对着柜台,正在为他们的早餐做些什么。她快速而安静地冲刺,然后进入了浴室,折叠门在她身后砰地关上了。安全了。

The reflection in the mirror argued otherwise. The girl in the mirror looked like she was about to freak out. 'Okay, Soryu... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?!' She... it had worked. She'd finally gotten that dense, oblivious, blind baka to finally notice the fact she'd been trying to get him to react to her hints that she... kind of thought he was cute. A bit. And it had worked. She'd kissed him. He'd put his arms around her. They'd kissed some more. It had been really nice. They'd talked. Connected. They'd gone to bed together. They'd...
镜子里的倒影却在争论着。镜子里的女孩看起来快要崩溃了。“好吧,惣流……昨晚到底发生了什么?!”她……成功了。她终于让那个迟钝、迟钝、盲目的笨蛋终于注意到她一直在试图让他对她的暗示做出反应,她……有点觉得他很可爱。有点。而且成功了。她吻了他。他搂住了她。他们又亲吻了一会儿。真的很美好。他们交谈了。连接了。他们一起上床了。他们……

She clamped a hand over her mouth to halt a sudden mad giggle. They'd... done just about everything two teenagers could do without risking a surprise nine months later. And every bit had been as spectacular and dizzying as that first kiss. 'Who'd have thought the Third Child would be so good at this?' she wondered giddily. And most of all, he'd promised to be there again tonight. And the next night. And the next.
她捂住嘴,压抑住突然发出的疯狂笑声。他们……做了两个青少年能做的所有事情,除了冒着九个月后意外怀孕的风险。而且每一刻都像初吻一样壮观而令人头晕目眩。“谁会想到三号孩子在这方面这么厉害?”她兴高采烈地想。最重要的是,他承诺今晚还会来。还有明天晚上。还有后天晚上。

'Alright, Soryu, quit dodging the issue. Yeah, losing purity points was fun and you can't wait to do it again, but that's not why you're hiding in the bathroom, afraid to look him in the eye right now, is it? He... said things last night. Made promises. He just did it again. That stupid, clumsy, dense baka... likes you. And you like him. He understands what it feels like. He's just like you. You're not alone. And he wants to stay with you.' "Which is Gott damn terrifying..." she whispered out loud.
“好吧,惣流,别再回避问题了。是的,失去纯洁点很有趣,你迫不及待地想再做一次,但这并不是你现在躲在浴室里,不敢直视他的原因,对吧?他……昨晚说了些话。做出了承诺。他刚刚又做了一次。那个愚蠢、笨拙、迟钝的笨蛋……喜欢你。你也喜欢他。他理解这种感觉。他和你一样。你并不孤单。他想和你在一起。”“这真是他妈的可怕……”她大声低语。

She could admit it now, in a slightly more self-conscious part of her mind. He was kind of cute. He was polite and self-effacing to the point it could drive her nuts, but he was also kind, gentle, and could be stupidly brave to almost ridiculous lengths when protecting others. 'He dove into a volcano without a second's thought to save me. No one's ever done anything even close to that for me.' He was an elite Eva Pilot, like her, a 'prime catch' as some of the other girls at school had quietly mentioned. He sometimes showed a spark of energy and anger when she'd pushed at him that secretly thrilled her, the way he would react to her, pushing to match her, making her push just as hard to stay ahead of him. He made her feel alive. He was... a good guy. He'd renewed his prmise this morning, when he must have thought she was asleep. He wasn't just saying things for her to hear. He meant it. And now he wanted to be with her.
现在,她可以在她意识中稍微自觉一点的部分承认了。他有点可爱。他很有礼貌,谦逊得让她抓狂,但他也很善良、温柔,在保护他人时,他可以勇敢得近乎荒谬。“他毫不犹豫地跳进火山救我。从来没有人为我做过类似的事情。” 他和她一样,是一位精英 EVA 驾驶员,正如学校里其他一些女孩悄悄提到的,“抢手货”。当她激怒他时,他有时会表现出活力和愤怒,这让她暗自兴奋,他会做出反应,努力与她匹配,让她更加努力地保持领先。他让她感觉自己活了过来。他是个……好人。今天早上,当他以为她睡着了的时候,他再次许下了诺言。他不仅仅是为了让她听到而说这些话。他是认真的。现在他想和她在一起。

Everything she could want. Pity she had no freaking idea what to do next. 'Okay, Soryu, you wanted to catch this tiger. Now you've got him. So now what? I didn't exactly have a plan for part two! Now I'm hiding in the bathroom because I'm afraid the minute we look at each other we're both going to go redder than my hair, Misato's going to figure it out, and make me go move in with Wondergirl. Then Shinji will realize he can do better than the nasty, useless pretend-Pilot I am and find someone else because every good thing in my life goes away and nobody wants me and...
她想要的一切。可惜她不知道接下来该做什么。“好的,惣流,你想抓住这只老虎。现在你抓住了他。那现在呢?我并没有确切的计划!现在我躲在浴室里,因为我害怕我们一见面就会比我的头发还红,美里会发现,然后让我搬去和神奇女侠住在一起。然后真嗣会意识到他可以找到比我这个讨厌的、没用的假冒驾驶员更好的人,然后找到其他人,因为我生命中的每一件好事都会消失,没有人想要我,而且...

"No!" she insisted at her reflection. "No no no! He promised! He likes me! He held me! I'm not letting this go!" All her hidden worries at not matching up to the Third Child still boiled up at her. She'd needed Shinji with her to beat Galghiel and Israfel. She'd beaten Sandalphon by herself... but Shinji had to save her life. Shinji had killed Matarael; she'd just been a meatshield. She'd gotten the killing blow on Sahaquiel... but only after Shinji had caught it himself. Not to mention the three Angels he'd killed before she even got here. Hell, Doctor Akagi had killed Iruel! The lab-coated old lady had as many solo Angel kills with a keyboard as she did in her Eva!
“不!”她对着自己的倒影坚持道。“不不不!他答应了!他喜欢我!他抱过我!我不会放弃的!”她所有隐藏的担心,因为配不上第三适格者而沸腾起来。她需要真嗣陪着她才能打败加尔加迪尔和伊斯拉菲尔。她独自打败了桑德尔丰……但真嗣必须救她一命。真嗣杀死了马塔拉尔;她只是个肉盾。她对萨基尔给予了致命一击……但那是真嗣自己抓住它之后。更不用说在她来到这里之前他杀死的三个使徒了。见鬼,赤木博士杀死了伊鲁尔!这位身穿实验室外套的老妇人用键盘杀死了与她在 EVA 中一样多的使徒!

She fought back. She was an elite Eva Pilot! She had no fear in battle! She was not going to let herself be afraid here! She'd been afraid last night, afraid Shinji would miss her hints again, but this time he'd answered! And it had been great! He'd promised they'd keep going! She stared into the mirror until the worried look faded away. The smile that replaced it was a bit fragile, but felt good.
她奋力反抗。她是一位精英 EVA 驾驶员!她在战斗中无所畏惧!她不会让自己在这里害怕!她昨晚很害怕,害怕真嗣会再次错过她的暗示,但这次他回答了!而且很棒!他答应他们会继续下去!她凝视着镜子,直到担忧的表情消失。取而代之的微笑有些脆弱,但感觉很好。

"He likes me. He thinks I'm beautiful. I'm here now, and I'm going to make him fight hard to keep up with me against the Angels. He's just like me. Anything 'Invincible Shinji-sama' can do, I can do too! And he's going to hold me no matter what! I can't lose!" She worked her A-10 headset in under her hair and started tying up the tails of her hair in the back to the receiver nodes before attacking it with brushes and combs to make it shine.
“他喜欢我。他觉得我漂亮。我现在就在这里,我要让他努力奋斗,与我一起对抗天使。他就像我一样。‘无敌真嗣大人’能做到的,我也能做到!无论如何,他都会抱着我!我不能输!”她把 A-10 耳机戴在头发下面,开始把头发的尾部绑在后面的接收器节点上,然后用刷子和梳子梳理头发,使之闪亮。

Finally satisfied with the results, she admired herself in the mirror. She preened. "He thinks I'm beautiful? I'm going to knock his socks off today!" She looked great. She turned to the bathroom door, took a deep breath, and opened it.
终于对结果满意了,她在镜子里欣赏自己。她开始梳妆打扮。“他觉得我漂亮?我今天要让他大吃一惊!”她看起来很棒。她转过身去,走到浴室门口,深吸一口气,然后打开了门。

A zombie lurched at her. "Bathrooooom..." it moaned, arms blindly fumbling in front, reaching at her....
一个僵尸蹒跚地向她走来。“浴缸……”它呻吟着,双臂在前面盲目地摸索着,向她伸去……

Asuka blanched. "AAAAAAA!"
明日香脸色苍白。“啊——!”

Misato squinted her eyes shut even harder and slammed her hands over her ears. "AAAgh! Not so loud! And turn off that light! Oh gods, my head!"
美里使劲眯起眼睛,双手捂住耳朵。“啊!别那么大声!把灯关了!哦,天哪,我的头!”

Asuka staggered out of the way of the hungover Major and tried to bring her pulse back down. She'd nearly had a heart attack! Misato wobbled past her, still moaning. The bathroom door snapped shut behind her. Wait, that meant she was now in the dining area... Her eyes shot left.
明日香踉跄着躲开宿醉的少校,试图让自己的脉搏恢复正常。她差点心脏病发作!美里摇摇晃晃地从她身边走过,还在呻吟。浴室的门在她身后砰地关上了。等等,这意味着她现在在餐厅里……她的眼睛向左扫视。

There he was. He was walking out of the kitchen area with her breakfast on a tray. He looked up as she appeared, a smile breaking out on his face...
他在那里。他端着她的早餐托盘从厨房里走出来。当她出现时,他抬起头,脸上露出笑容……

Which meant he was totally surprised when he walked right into the table and smashed his toe against the leg. He managed to plop the tray down on the table without spilling anything, but then started hopping around sputtering in pain and holding his mashed foot.
这意味着当他径直走到桌子旁,把脚趾撞到桌腿上时,他完全惊呆了。他设法把托盘放在桌子上,没有洒出任何东西,但随后开始一瘸一拐地跳来跳去,痛苦地呻吟着,抱着自己被压碎的脚。

'Well, that was a nice anticlimactic way to start the day...' Asuka shook her head. If painful for Shinji, his accident had at least broken the ice. The smile he'd started to aim her way had also been reassuring. He had a nice smile, and it had appeared so automatically as soon as he'd seen her. Just like her own.
“嗯,这真是个扫兴的开始一天的方式……”明日香摇了摇头。如果对真嗣来说很痛苦,他的意外至少打破了僵局。他开始对她微笑,这也让人放心。他有一个不错的微笑,而且在她看到他的那一刻就自动出现了。就像她自己的微笑一样。

'Soryu, you'd better learn to get that under control if you liked last night. Misato figures out you and he are sweet on each other for real, and she'll start watching you like a hawk to keep anything like that from going on!' she warned herself. She grit her teeth. Right. Control. They had to be cool when others were around.
“惣流,如果你喜欢昨晚上,你最好学会控制一下。美里发现你们俩真的互相喜欢,她会像老鹰一样盯着你,防止发生任何类似的事情!”她警告自己。她咬紧牙关。对。控制。当其他人都在场时,他们必须保持冷静。

"Shinji?" “真嗣?”

Shinji looked up from rubbing his foot. He nervously smiled. "H-hi, Asuka. I mean, good morning. Um..." He trailed off, uncertain.
真嗣从揉脚中抬起头来。他紧张地笑了笑。“早、早上好,明日香。我是说,早上好。呃……”他声音渐渐低下去,不确定该说什么。

"We've only got as long as it takes Misato to shower and get back out here to talk, so we're going to have to be quick. Sit down."
“我们只有美里洗澡并回来谈话的时间,所以我们得快点。坐下。”

Shinji sat down across from her, his hands restlessly flitting about in front of him. "Um... yes?"
真嗣在她对面坐下,双手不安地在身前晃动。“呃……是?”

"I... I heard you this morning."
“我……我今早听到你了。”

Shinji blushed. "Er... I..."
真嗣脸红了。“呃……我……”

"I... it's good, okay? I like it, that you would say that when you didn't think I could hear it. I know you meant it, just like... last night." She flushed some herself. "Yeah, all that stuff too but I mean... everything that we said. I meant it. And I'm glad you did too." He was starting to smile at her that way again. She started to match him, but stopped herself. "And I like it when you smile at me like that... but we've got to stop."
“我……这很好,好吧?我喜欢你这么说,因为你认为我听不到。我知道你是认真的,就像……昨晚一样。”她自己也脸红了。“是的,还有所有那些东西,但我的意思是……我们所说的每一件事。我是认真的。我很高兴你也是。”他又开始那样对她笑了。她开始回应他,但又停住了。“我喜欢你那样对我笑……但我们必须停止。”

Shinji's face fell. "No..." he said, his voice hollow.
真嗣的脸色垮了下来。“不……”他说,声音空洞。

She reached across to grab his hand. "Not like that, baka! You are still holding me tonight, Third Child! You promised! What I mean is... we can't just... be all sunshine and smiles at each other like that. Not while Misato's around."
她伸出手去握住他的手。“不是那样,笨蛋!你今晚仍然抱着我,第三适格者!你答应过!我的意思是……我们不能只是……那样互相笑逐颜开。在美里在的时候不行。”

Shinji's desperate return grip on her hand eased. Color flooded back into his face. "Oh... right." He sighed in relief. "I... get it. I guess."
真嗣绝望地抓住她的手,松开了。他的脸色又恢复了红润。“哦……对。”他松了口气。“我……明白了。我想。”

"I liked last night, Shinji. I woke up feeling good. I never wake up like that. I don't want it to stop, any of it. But if Misato catches us, that's the first thing she'll do, If she even finds out we're... that we really like each other, she'll be watching for it, So we can't let her catch us, or even suspect. And that means we've got to act like before, right?" Asuka argued.
“我喜欢昨晚,真嗣。我醒来时感觉很好。我从不这样醒来。我不想让它停止,任何事情。但如果美里抓住我们,那将是她要做的第一件事,如果她甚至发现我们……我们真的彼此喜欢,她会注意到的,所以我们不能让她抓住我们,甚至怀疑。这意味着我们必须像以前一样行事,对吧?”明日香争辩道。

"I suppose. At school too?" He regarded their hands with a slightly sad look. "I wish we didn't have to. I can hardly look at you without smiling now, Asuka." He looked up at her shyly. True to his word, he started to smile. "We're... we're alone when we walk to school, though, right? We can... maybe hold hands? For some of it?"
“我想是的。在学校里也是吗?”他带着略带悲伤的表情看着他们的手。“我希望我们不必这样做。我现在几乎无法不微笑地看着你,明日香。”他害羞地抬头看着她。信守诺言,他开始微笑。“我们……我们上学时是独自一人,对吧?我们可以……也许牵手?牵一会儿?”

'Damn it, Shinji. Stop being so cute at me.' She cleared her throat. "Ahem! Maybe. If we're in a spot where no one can see us. We'll have to be careful. I don't want to end up having to live with Wondergirl, got it? Anyone sees us, and we'll have to deny it." She squeezed his hands one more time before pulling hers back. The warmth from his fingers was too seductive, and she knew if she let herself she'd just keep holding his until Misato came out and found them like that. "We're going to be like always at school, though. So... when I yell at you for being a baka... just... know that I don't really mean it, okay?"
“该死,真嗣。别对我这么可爱。”她清了清嗓子。“啊哈!也许吧。如果我们身处无人能看到的地方。我们必须小心。我不想最终不得不和神奇女侠住在一起,明白吗?如果有人看到我们,我们就必须否认。”她再次握了握他的手,然后把手抽了回来。他手指的温暖太诱人了,她知道如果她放任自己,她会一直握着他的手,直到美里出来发现他们这样。“不过,在学校里,我们还是像往常一样。所以……当我因为你笨蛋而对你大喊大叫时……只是……要知道我并不是真的这么想,明白吗?”

"I... I know." Shinji nodded. "It's... it's okay. I get to see the real you at home. As long as I know... you're just like me."
“我……我知道。”真嗣点了点头。“这……没关系。我可以在家里看到真正的你。只要我知道……你和我一样。”

A chill ran down her spine. 'The real me?' She suppressed it. 'Stop it. I am not useless. I am elite. He's going to have to keep up with me.' She kept her face calm. She let her hand snake back out to grab his again. His long, deft fingers easily intertwined with hers. She could almost feel the reassurance flowing through their clasp. "Just like me. Now let's eat and get moving before Miss Hangover has too much time to eyeball us."
一股寒意沿着她的脊椎流下。“真正的我?”她压抑住了它。“别这样。我不是没用的。我是精英。他必须跟上我的步伐。”她保持着平静的表情。她让自己的手伸出去再次抓住他的手。他修长灵巧的手指很容易地与她的手指交织在一起。她几乎能感觉到安慰从他们的紧握中流过。“就像我一样。现在我们去吃饭,然后在宿醉小姐有足够的时间盯着我们之前出发。”
发表于 2024-2-15 22:22:03 | 显示全部楼层
好文章。之前疯狂找eva同人时狠狠看过这篇,看到最新章节时可能只有几十个浏览,翻译是不用想了。当时还提高了一波词汇量:-)
这个开头印象挺深的,因为当时我就试过机翻润色……难度比较大(当然当时AI也没有现在这样发达),所以在开头反复abandon >ᯅ<
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2024-2-24 02:28:33 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Yalums 于 2024-2-24 13:48 编辑
Astral_Plane 发表于 2024-2-15 22:22
好文章。之前疯狂找eva同人时狠狠看过这篇,看到最新章节时可能只有几十个浏览,翻译是不用想了。当时还提 ...

我在 OneDrive 上传了 ai 翻译的版本,不过还有许多需要修正的地方:https://cutt.ly/QwNqdFV2
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|EVA研究站 ( 沪ICP备05021941号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 18:29